Thu, May 17, 2012
How can i change my writing style?
I want to change the style of my writing fast. What are the differences in writing styles? I am talking grammar etc not writing neatness.
Any tips welcome
Try texting with proper grammar. It helps. Then you think that “oh, maybe this is how i should write.” That is what happened to me. :]]
Hope this helps!
Any authors with a similar writing style to Janet Evanovich?
I love the Plum series! They are the greatest, but I’ve read each of them at least twice. Can’t wait for number 14!! Anyway, are there any authors similar that I might enjoy as much? I her upbeat style of writing. The books move so fast, and keep me interested. It’s almost like you’re watching a good chic flick with you’re reading Thanks!
J. D. Robb
How would you compare Fortune, Forbes and Fast Company as far as topics and writing style?
Are there different focuses and styles of each? What is each known for specifically? That is, how do they compare?
Fortune is the oldest one here, and as such has a reputation for solid info and insight.
Forbes focuses a lot more on capital management. Expect more “fluff” pieces from Forbes.
Fast Company is newer and tries to be trendy. Don’t believe any word of it.
What does slow-paced and fast-paced mean when used to describe writing/writing style?
I don’t get it.
And what is a good pace, and how do you remedy it if you’re too slow/fast?
Fast-paced is where there is a lot of action happening and those are the parts where your glued to the book. Slow-paced is the stuff that can be either interesting but no action or just the boring parts of the book. Books that are mostly all fast-paced are usually the more popular ones. A good book in my opinion has both used but the slow-paced parts are very interesting.
Who is your favourite author and is your writing style similar to theirs?
I’m asking because my favourite TV show is Gilmore Girls and everytime I watch it, I can’t help but talk really fast and I’m hyper. I was wondering if anyone has this with their favourite author and if your writing style is similar to theirs. When I was younger, my favourite books were The BabySitters Club and I used to write like Ann M Martin.
Oh snap! You are like my new best friend. I’ve only met a few people who are as obsessed with Gilmore Girls as I am. I’m currently re-watching the sixth season which I got for my birthday. I have all the seasons on DVD. Yep I’m that cool
Oh and Rory Gilmore is like my idol. So yeah.
My favorite author — or one of them — is David Sedaris, and when I write personal essays/short stories (one of my favorite “forms” of writing), I find that I write kind of like him. He’s very… Frank, I suppose — the stuff he writes is very funny/strange/makes-you-cry-for-humanity, but he describes it very normally. It’s hard to explain. But I do find myself writing like him.
But that happens to me a lot. Like you, when I watch Gilmore Girls I start talking really fast. Or if I hear a British accent, I start talking in a British accent. Or if I go to a Mexican food restaurant, I’ll start thinking in Spanish. It’s odd.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
- Your Questions About Fastest Writing Pen Nancy asks… What is the best pen for speed writing? I do debate, and people speak at 100 mph. As a result, in order to take notes of the speech,...
- Your Questions About Fastest Writing Usb Flash Drive Jenny asks… What’s the fastest USB Flash Drive? What’s the fastest USB Flash Drive on the market today? The fastest I could find is the Patriot 4GB X-Porter XT PEF4G200USB...
- Your Questions About How To Write A Book Proposal Thomas asks… How do you write a book proposal? Do you follow a specific format and length? How long does it take for you to prepare it? vermins answers: Writer’s...
- Easy Ways To Improve Your Article Writing Abilities The conversion rate, or how many people you can convert to sales and marketing, is an important aspect of running any business online. If 100 people read your offer and...
- Your Questions About How To Write A Book Laura asks… How difficult is it to write and publish a book? I want to write a book that acts as a rebuttal to everything that Ann Coulter has ever...
Tags: fast company, favourite author, gilmore girls, good chic flick, mexican food restaurant, new best friend, similar writing style, vermins answers, writing style, your questions about fastest writing style